» Local Adopters
ADOPTION PROCESS FOR LOCAL ADOPTERS
Here is the adoption process for Columbus, Ohio, area adopters:
First you complete an application to adopt.
- Second you come to the foster home to see the dog and decide whether or not you want to try him or her out. If you do, you take the dog home for a trial period.
- During this trial period, we check your references.
- Then we call you during the trial to see if the dog has worked out and you are ready to finalize the adoption.
- If the dog works out and you want to finalize the adoption, we schedule a home visit, bring the contract and copies of the vet records and finalize the adoption.
- IF THE DOG DOES NOT WORK OUT, YOU JUST RETURN HIM OR HER TO THE FOSTER HOME WHERE YOU GOT THE DOG.
UNFORTUNATELY, OUR RESCUE CANNOT TRANSPORT. IF YOU LIVE OUT OF TOWN, YOU
MUST COME TO GET THE DOG YOURSELF OR MAKE YOUR OWN ARRANGEMENTS FOR